Monday 21 January 2013

UPDATE! & Win a 3 chapter critique courtesy of Lindsay Cummings!


Hello everyone, just a quick blog here to let you all know that I have a couple of book/ series reviews lined up to post in the next couple of days so watch this space!

On to the main part of this blog however, if you follow me on Twitter (@beka_mufc) then you will already know that I want to be an author. You may also know that I have recently just finished the second draft of my first book (quite an achievement for me, having started writing so many books in the past but never actually finishing them). Now the lovely Lindsay Cummings who I follow on Twitter has announced that she is doing a competition were 3 winners will win a 3 Chapter critique. Lindsay is a YA author, which is the genre my book would mostly likely be categorised in to. Her first book The Murder Complex (which and I'm not just saying this I cannot wait to read, have you seen the good-reads synopsis?? it sounds AMAZING!) is due for publication in 2014 through Greenwillow (a part of Harper Collins). It would be an amazing opportunity for me if I won this just to get some feedback from an author who has been through the whole crazy process that is querying agents.


Now this is open to anyone who writes anyone at all, so you lovely people who read my blog can also enter. You can find Lindsay at the following links,
Twitter: 
Facbook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lindsay-Cummings-Author/199016910129154?fref=ts
Blog: http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.co.uk/
Good Reads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5805483.Lindsay_Cummings

And the direct link for the competition is: http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/want-critique-of-your-writing.html


Basically, Lindsay is willing to read whatever chapters you have, like it states in her actual post about the competition if you have your first 3 chapters then I would use those, because agents will not ask for your complete Manuscript without reading a sample of your writing first, so if you first chapters don't grab them then your book won't get signed. Good luck to you all!


Please subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post! You wont regret it I promise!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D