Monday 20 April 2015

Soap And Glory The Fab Pore Moisture Lotion - Review.

Today I'm here to review my 'new' moisturiser.
I say 'new' because I've actually been testing it out for about a month now.

That moisturiser is Soap and Glory's The Fab Pore!



As always lets start with the claims:

Try our new, multi-tasking, quadruple-action FAB PORE daily micro-smoothing moisture lotion. With DETOXYBOOST™ technology (to up your oxygen), our special PORESHRINK-12H™ complex (as an astringent), and energising citrus SUPERFRUIT™ YUZU – for all-day control of clog-prone pores, surplus sebum, and that endlessly greasy t-zone.

• DETOXYBOOST™ - a circulation-boosting, organic ginseng-based blend of oxygenating molecules 
• PORESHRINK -12H™ complex - a blend of ‘intelligent’ slow-release salicylic acid that’s gentle on skin, vitamin B6 and Fomes Officinalis Mushroom; a pore-tightening, moisture-boosting astringent agent that reduces sebaceous gland secretion 
• SUPERFRUIT™ YUZU - a skin energising, toning and brightening antioxidant complex pressed from natural Japanese citrus fruits
• NYLON 12 - a highly porous, absorbent micronylon that delivers instant mattification

As far as the Detoxyboost claim, I'm not really sure how I would know if my skin was getting more oxygen so we're just going to have to assume that Soap and Glory know what they're talking about!

Poor shrink I can comment on! Whilst this doesn't make my pores invisible they are less visible underneath my foundation when I'm using this moisturiser, top it off with a primer too and we're pretty golden on the pore visibility front!

Superfruit? Brightening? That I'm not so sure about I haven't seen a notable difference in the brightness of my skin. Not that I had awful skin to begin with.

Nylon 12? Instant mattification? Yes it does that but it doesn't hold it all day, as it claims, I still definitely need a primer for make up to hold all day.


Now that we've got through the wordy, 'impressive' claims lets talk about its effectiveness as just a plain old moisturiser. So people have said this doesn't give them enough hydration, but as a sufferer of oily combination skin to the point that no make up will stay on my nose area all day without touch ups, this is the perfect moisturiser. For us oily skinned girls who don't need a whole lot of help in the hydration stakes this is the perfect moisturiser. Because as confusing as it sounds your skin can be oily and dry at the same time which is what I have dealt with recently.

Would I repurchase this? Yes. at £12 a bottle it's a little pricey but not the most expensive out there and a little does go a long way, I doubt I've used more than half the bottle at a month in.

As far as packaging most people don't like the skincare's new simple, clean and clinical packaging I actually quite like it, it looks more 'grown up' I guess you could say. The product itself is a pale green/blue colour, the scent is ever so slightly minty and feels very refreshing when applied to the skin. Great for morning application!

Final Comments: Another point in it's favour, my skin always feels soft after using this moisturiser which is always a plus!

So if you're a combination oily skinned girl like myself and in the market for a new moisturiser why not give Soap and Glory's The Fab Pore a try!

I hope you enjoyed today's post,
don't forget to follow, subscribe and share if you enjoyed!
xoxo
Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D