Monday 6 April 2015

My Easter Weekend - 2015

Hello everyone,

for those not from the UK just so you know Easter weekend comes with two bank holidays, Friday and Monday meaning a four day weekend for fun family time (if you are lucky enough to not work in retail/ restaurants).



Come join me on my Easter Weekend!



Friday April 3rd:

A girls day out!



Joined by my mother, sister, two young cousins and my uncles fiancée we made a trip to the cinema to watch the new Cinderella movie! (You can read my thoughts on this modern Cinderella here!) it was a beautiful recreation on the 1950's Disney classic. Lily James and Richard Madden had the chemistry that befits Cinderella and her prince whilst slight changes to the story give it a modern up date. My favourite aspect of this new version? Ella and Kit meeting before the ball and actually talking and getting to know each other! You can actually see them falling for each other.



After the cinema we went to Prezzo for some food, I had deep fried mozzarella sticks, Lasagne and Tiramisu for dessert. The food was good but I have had better elsewhere. I'm a Tiramisu snob it's my favourite dessert and unfortunately Prezzo didn't beat Zizzi's Tiramisu sundae that I had on my birthday last year!

Saturday April 4th:

On this day I woke up and was informed we were going into Manchester for yet more food! This time to try out Reds True Barbecue a place I'd heard a lot about never actually tried.


There was one item on the menu that despite how dubious it sounded I couldn't leave without trying. The Donut burger. A burger pattie with bacon, cheese, mustard etc sandwiched between two glazed donuts. It was the strangest combination I have ever tasted in my life. My head said no my stomach said yes. However about half way through I was getting full and had to abandon the donut bun and stick to just devouring the meat. 
As much as I enjoyed my meal, I feel the burger would have been better hand it been a single donut cut in half rather than two and I would have preferred to chose how my burger was cooked, I'm a medium rare kind of girl I've haven't done  a well done burger in a long time. 
That being said I can't wait to go back here and try out a few other menu items!


Sunday April 5th:

Happy Easter!

Today was a very relaxed day we had a Sunday roast with beef rib, parmesan parsnips, roast potatoes, carrot and swede and Yorkshire puddings! Dessert was Key Lime Pie made by me. Next we snacked on some chocolate, my Easter egg this year was Chocka Blocks Rocky Road of Love egg. I also did some make up rehearsals for my Uncle's fiancée. I'm doing her make up for their wedding you see!
Followed by a game of Articulate! Which is always entertaining as we are a very competitive family. I won by the way! 



That's all or today!
I hope you all had a fabulous Easter Weekend!
Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a post!

xoxo
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D