Wednesday 29 April 2015

Barry M Sunset Nail Paint Review.

Hello everyone,

So I popped in to Boots the other day.
Always a bad idea since I never leave the store without purchasing something.
The Barry M stand caught my eye with their new nail polish release.
Honestly I think Barry M in terms of price, colour range and nail 'effects' they have on offer are the best you can get on the high street.

Introducing the new Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing polish.


The idea behind these is that they give you the salon pro gel polish finish and longevity with out the need for a UV lamp and they can be removed with just your ordinary nail polish remover.

But do they actually work?
Read on to find out more. 


To add a bit of perspective, three years ago I didn't wear nail polish, I was a serial nail biter nothing I did could stop it (I did it when I was nervous and I get nervous a lot!) however when I started to wear nail polish I realised I wasn't biting my nails whilst wearing it because my own vanity didn't want to ruin how they looked! 

Problem is no matter what I do nail polish just doesn't last on me normal polish I get a maximum of three days, sometimes it doesn't even last a day. Glitter polish is slightly better but even some of those don't stay put. 

I've never had my nails done professionally, any nail polish/ nail art you see on here, twitter or instagram I did myself (some is kinda obvious because it's so bad but whatever!) I don't see the point in paying someone else to do my nails when I'm perfectly capable of doing my own. My sister has had gel nails done professionally and they definitely didn't last the usual projected two weeks. 


The picture above was taken on day five. FIVE!! I'm amazed. There's slight evidence of tip wear but other than that no chipping to be seen still shiny and still holding on. I'm well and truly amazed I'm wearing the shade Fuchsia Generation. It takes a special polish to last this long on me and I didn't do any thing different in my routine before applying. 

I followed the instructions carefully, 2 thin coats of colour letting each dry before using the top coat. My only slight issue is I usually paint my nails at night, but obviously this cures in daylight in summer this is no issue I mean the sun doesn't set until 8;30/9pm so it's not a problem however in winter we lose the sun at 4pm, that said I'm willing to make sacrifices for a nail polish that holds up this long on my uncooperative nails. 

There are seven colours in the collection plus the top coat. It's important to note that you need both  the colour and the top coat they only work together! They retail at £4.99 at the pricier end for Barry M polishes but in this case it's totally worth it. 

I think I will own all the colours before long and I hope they bring out more! Please don't discontinue this collection Barry M it's amazing!

Do I recommend? Yes! 100% 

p.s. I will update this post when I finally take this off and tell you how long it stayed on my nails.

I hope you enjoyed today's post!
Don't forget to follow and share with your friends if you enjoyed!
Until next time!
xoxo
Becca



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D