Wednesday 15 April 2015

Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit Review.

After playing around with it for a few weeks I'm finally getting round to reviewing the Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit.






Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the packaging I was hoping for a mirror on the inside but instead you get a little diagram of where to put each powder which is only really helpful for absolute beginners who have never even touched a bronzer or highlighter before. 

As for the colour range for now there's only one set available, so super pale people and those with darker skin are out of luck I'm afraid. 


As for the powders themselves they are well pigmented and feel smooth in the pan and when swatched. The contour and highlight shades are perfect matches for me however the bronzing shade is a hair to dark so I probably won't be using that until the summer when I have a bit of a tan. 

All the powders are matte with the highlighter giving off a very slight glow but there's no glitter or visible pearl-essence in sight so I only use this as a brow bone highlighter and down the bridge of my nose I prefer something with a little more shimmer for the tops of my cheeks. 


Unfortunately despite their smoothness the powders are awful to blend. See above, you can still see definitive lines that don't blend out easily so if you have a heavy hand this kit isn't for you, too much powder too soon and you'll never blend it out. This works best as a build product.

I think Barry M had a fair go at taking on the high end contour kits as we don't have many around in the drug store. Sleek do something similar but that contains just highlight and contour.

Honestly I probably wouldn't purchase this kit again but I will continue to use it, as far as recommending it I can't say either way. Just take into consideration what I've said and decide for your self if you think it's worth buying.

Currently out of stock on Boots Online follow the link to check your store availability it retails for £6.49

(Item also out of stock online at Superdrug)

All information above is correct as of 15/04/2015 item may return online at a late date!

I hope you enjoyed today's post,
don't forget to subscribe or follow so you don't miss a single one!

xoxo
Becca

p.s did you see my Disney College Program Video? Head over to my YouTube Channel now to see it or view it on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D