Wednesday 22 April 2015

Reactions to Star Wars, Jurassic World + more!

So this blog post is just a little bit different for me. I mean I've done specific trailer reviews but now I want to talk about 2 trailers, a TV show and movie that have all got me very excited!






So over last week we were treated to a new clip for the hotly anticipated new Star Wars film due out in December this year.


This is a longer teaser than the one we were given at the tail end of last year, we here a voice (presumably Luke Skywalker) talking about the force, his father had it (MELTED DARTH MASK!!) I have, my sister has it, you have that power too. And as that sentence ends we see someone being handed a lightsaber! Lots of action shots, flying, running from explosions, scary 3 blade lightsabers which we saw in the previous teaser. 

And perhaps the most exciting Chewie and Han Solo make an appearance! "Chewie we're home!" 
Not going to lie I had hoped we'd get the Millennium Falcon flyby with theme music bit from the last teaser at the end of this one too oh well!

I was as sceptical as anyone when it was announced we'd be getting a new Star Wars, but with JJ Abrams at the helm after his proven success in reviving the Star Trek franchise I've gotta say has me very excited for December!



Jurassic World. The newest and likely the last full trailer we'll see ahead of it's June release starts with some very sombre foreshadowing from Chris Pratt's character. 

The words: "it's not about control, it's a relationship, based on respect. These animals are thinking I gotta eat, I gotta hunt," Being shown along side scenes of Pratt and his Raptor 'army' then the Raptors running through the forrest, whether they are still with Pratt or not is unclear. 

"What happened to the sibling?"
"She ate it"
Hello Idonimus Rex.This is one smart, cunning, scary and bloody thirsty dino my friends. We see how the Pteranodons escaped and something about the dinosaurs communicating followed by a Raptor attacking someone could they being turning on Pratt and no longer under his 'control' There is at about the 39 second point a very quick glimpse of the T-Rex from the original Jurassic Park, and there have been rumours of lets say a dino death match between it and Idonimus. 




These next two kind of go hand in hand. Avengers Age of Ultron is released tomorrow (Thursday April 23rd) in the UK. Obviously I'm rather excited I have tickets booked to see it in IMAX on Sunday so will be avoiding spoilers for 3 days! But as excited as I am I will be needing a little refresh, so on my list of things to watch before Sunday, Avengers Assemble (or simply The Avengers pretty much everywhere but the UK) Captain America Winter Solider and Iron Man 3. 

But what I really came to talk about is Marvel Agents of Shield, season 2 currently showing on ABC in America. After a couple searches into what I should re-watch ahead of Ultron's release some said M.A.S may be useful, though still largely separate from the MCU we have seen aftermath episodes of what happened after one of the movies was released I'm currently half way through season 1 and I'm really enjoying it! I'm liking the development of extremis and this mystery corporation working somewhat against SHIELD. It's quite interesting to watch once you get into it, and I'm not going to lie Fitz and Simmons are probably my favourite characters give it a watch if you haven't already, it's feeding my Marvel craving ahead of Sunday! 

That's all for today's post see you next time!

xoxo
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D