Thursday 6 June 2013

The Hangover Part 3 - a Review!

Okay, first off I'm sorry I've not posted for two months, not that it's much of an excuse but I've been very busy with University work but I'm back now and I will be posting more often. Or at least I plan to, you know what don't hold me to that considering my track record it may not happen I'm going to try.

So first post back and we're doing a review for The Hangover part 3! First things first let's have a look at the trailer!

Having now seen the film it's safe to say that the trailer shows quite a lot of the story, which surprises me but then you could also ask does it show the best parts of the film in the trailer? Yes and no if you ask me, there still some good parts that don't go in the trailer.

As usual the wolf pack get up to some crazy shenanigans as they try to track down a missing member of the group, like the first film this member is Doug only rather than drunkenly leaving him on the roof of Caeser's Palace this time he has been kidnapped by a drug gang leader (who is fleetingly referred to in the first film) and will be killed if the Wolf-pack don't find Mr Chow.

The premise for the Hangover Part 3 is as follows courtesy of IMDB

When one of their own is kidnapped by an angry gangster, the Wolf Pack must track down Mr. Chow, who has escaped from prison and is on the lam.

This time around there is no wedding, in fact there isn't even a Hangover. Many reviewers have picked on the fact that it's less of a comedy than it's two predecessors and more of a dark angry action thriller, which I can attest to. It definitely isn't as funny as the first two films (though it does make a few funny references to them) however I still enjoyed this film. The critics slated it, I think it has been judged too harshly, it's not a great film by any stretch of the imagination but it certainly isn't a terrible one.

I actually liked that they moved away from the alcohol/drug induced amnesia of the first two films, that was a tried an tested method but they had to do something different to end the series with a bang. I think it is a decent film. The first Hangover will always be remembered as one of the top class modern comedies by the public and critics alike and a lot of the time it's hard to live up to that kind of success.

That being said this film will still give you some thrills, laughs and twists along the way, it's a 90 min action/thriller/comedy ride that fans of the franchise won't be to disappointed with.I would say if you only like the series and didn't love it don't go to the cinema to watch this last instalment you might leave wishing you had never spent the money, you're better off waiting for it to come out on DVD or sky movies if you have it.

The film will not be to everyone's liking. I enjoyed it, I hope you will too. Don't give up on it just because the critics hated. Remember most people like Part 2 despite the critics not liking it. It's all down to the type of films that you enjoy watching. I loved comedy/ action/ thriller amongst many other genres so I enjoyed it. Mr Chow was at his best in this film, so was Alan for that matter I thought the way his story ended was cool. It was a nice way to put the series to bed whilst tying up the loose ends. 

I give it 3.5/5 stars! Not as good as the first two but still an enjoyable ride.

please subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

x


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D