Monday 26 January 2015

Beka's Beauty: Leopard Nails!

Hello my lovelies!

I have decided to start doing more short posts which will enable me to bring more content to this blog with the ideal of me being able to post more than twice a week which was getting tough because I was convinced they had to be long and insightful posts, so we're going to try it this way for a bit, no schedule for now and see how it goes!

On to todays post.


I have had a bit of a glitter obsession over the entire christmas period. I was wearing one glitter top coat over all my nail polishes {in my defense it is a beautiful top coat and I will review it for you later}

So I decided it was time to branch back out and start trying my hand at nail art again using the WAH London Nail Art kit my mum bought me for Christmas.

 I chose the leopard print style from the book but deviated with the colours slightly. 


As you can see the book calls for pink, yellow and black. Me being me I like my nails to stand out a bit more and opted for the acid green shade in the kit called Biters Beware and did my spots using the pink and black nail art pens.


The photo above is from my Instagram but no filter was used. As you can probably imagine being right handed my right hand is most definitely not as neat but I'm sure I'll get better with practice!

I love this acid green shade, I have one similar but it's so sheer you'd need about 10 coats to get any sort of opacity so I was worried this would be the case here, thankfully it wasn't the standard two coats was plenty in this case!

I haven't used all the colours in the kit yet so will refrain from reviewing it as whole but so far so good I've used about three of the shades and they've all been decent, opaque in two coats is what I mean by that!

Anyway that's all for today, I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope it encourages you to venture out of your comfort zone, where nail polish is concerned at least!

Products Used:
Base Coat: Rimmel Nail Nurse
Main Colour: WAH London Biters Beware
Spots: WAH London Black and Pink nail art pens
Top Coat: Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D