Wednesday 6 May 2015

Barry M Eye Shine Shadow & Glaze Palette Review.

Hello!
Today's post is very much me procrastinating/ taking a break from my University Major Project.
Whilst shopping yesterday I came across this little eye shadow palette in Boots.


May I just say the packaging on this thing is beautiful!
Now the thing is the palette isn't supposed to be available in Boot's yet. 
It's released officially in Superdrug stores today (May 6th) but I bought it yesterday (May 5th) in Boots. This new little palette isn't supposed to be available in Boots until May 13th!

Any way the idea behind this palette is very intriguing so read on to find out more!
So what's so different about this palette?

Well this comes with 6 shadows and a glaze. The idea is you use the glaze as a topcoat to get that glossy eye shadow look that's been doing the rounds. But does it work?


Well I swatched these shadows a variety of ways so let me tell you what does and doens't work. 

This swatch is with the glaze underneath as a sort of base. I like this way I think it makes the colours pop. However this glaze doesn't dry down it's not really glossy more sticky so if you have hooded eyes this could be a problem. 

This swatch is done wet. I figured since they were supposed to be used with a glaze they may work wet. Sadly this result is from swatching each shadow twice so they're definitely a no go on using them wet. But that's okay because nowhere does it say to use them wet I just wanted to see. 


This is swatched dry no glaze in use. I actually quite like the pigmentation. I Think the two golds and the orange bronze are the most pigmented but they are still workable and it's obvious this is a summer palette. I bought it because of the blue and whilst it's not the most pigmented it's still usable. 

And finally what they were made for. No absolutly not. This is the dry swatches with the gloss over the top. Remember when I said it was sticky yes that's clearly an issue. It fades the colour out way too much for my liking and completly smuged the silver so no I won't be using the glaze as a top coat if this is what happens.

So all the swatches were done yesterday. Today is were the procrastinating comes in. I felt I couldn't leave the review just like that so I thought I'd have a play around and throw on some make up to do an eye shadow look with these here's what I ended up with. And yes I even made use of the glaze.

So on top of my lids I used the lightest gold and then blended the darker gold and the orange bronze through the crease. (Eyeliner is Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner). 

Then I applied the glaze to my bottom lash line and lined that primarily with the blue and a bit of the silver in the inner corners. So the only thing I didn't make use of in this palette today was the green shade. 


So would I recommend? Yes and No. If you have non-hooded eyes this will work for you, you'll be able to use the glaze as a base for the shadows without the stickiness bothering you if you're like me you'll have to resort to using it as a liner. Which isn't necessarily bad. I can't give this product an overwhelming good review because I don't believe the glaze works in the way it was intended but with a bit of experimentation it can work. That being said the shadows perform well on their own so the glaze isn't particularly necessary. 

What do you think will you give this palette a shot?
I hope you enjoyed today's post!
See you next time!
xoxo
Becca



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D