Friday 30 August 2013

Summer Nail Art For Beginners!

Hello everyone, happy Friday!

Now I know what you're thinking. Summer Nail Art? Really? Well yes I know that it's a little late considering September is just 2 days away now. However I'm going on holiday today which inspired me to do this summer nail art, and besides who says you can't rock bright nails during winter anyway!

Click Read More below to see the colourful design I will be sporting on my holidays.
I hope you like it!




For this tutorial you will need:
Base coat, white nail polish, any 3 bright nail colours, one black nail art striper, dotting tools in various sizes (or toothpicks), sticky tape, a scrap piece of paper and a fast drying top coat!


For this Design I used, Opi Matte Nail Envy, Maybelline Colour Show in Winter Baby, Opi in If You Moust You Moust (from the vintage Minnie Mouse Collection), N07 black nail striper, Models Own in Lilac Dream, Maybelline Colour Show in Electric Yellow and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat.  

The Method:

1. As usual start with clean nails and apply your base coat.

2. Once the base coat has dried paint your nails one thin coat of the white nail polish this will give your colours more vibrancy.












3. Apply your nail colour. I advise painting both of your thumb nails first because the paint on these will need to dry fully before you can make the pattern.









4. Starting with you index finger, pour a small amount of nail colour onto a scrap piece of paper, (not the same colour you used over the white) and take a medium sized dotting tool, begin making dots all over your nail.












5. On your middle finger, if you have chosen the half and half base colour take the last colour (the one you didn't use in the base) pour some on a scrap piece of paper and take a large dotting tool, applying dots down the centre of the nail and to the side.












6. On your ring finger, to get the base coat to look like this, I wiped off all the excess nail polish and lightly dabbed each colour onto the nail, the top colour in a crescent moon shape and the bottom colour in a half moon shape. Once the base is done, take your nail striper and with a steady had draw a thin isosceles triangle on your nail to about half way. Then you can add the branches off each side, it is easier to do this by dabbing the colour in the centre and dragging it out.












7. On your little finger (somewhat inspired by the Disney movie Tangled) take your nail colour again pouring some on a scrap piece of paper and your large dotting tool and make a dot in the centre of your nail, using the same colour take a small dotting tool and draw the lines coming away from the sun.












8. Once the colour on your thumb has completely dried, cut two thin stripes of sticky tape, apply these to your nail and paint over it with another colour, leave to dry for a few minutes before taking the tape off and you will have the striped design.


9. Once your nails have all dried a little, apply your fast drying top coat to seal in your manicure an prevent smudging.


I hope you like this tutorial, perhaps you will wear the nails the same way I did or use just one of the designs on all your nails.


That's all for today I hope you enjoyed this post and I shall see you all on Monday!

Don't forget to comment below and tell me your opinion on this design, let me know what you think! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you're a Bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified on when there is a new post. All you have to do is click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D