Friday 2 August 2013

My Summer Must Haves!

Hello everyone! Happy Friday!

Today I am sharing with you my top Summer Must Haves in make up, skin care and hair care, via a Shopcade widget!

Shopcade is a handy website with over 100,000 million products and still growing you can create lists to share with friends and family, but not only that you will also be notified of when items in your lists go on deal or the prices drop!

Read on for more about the products featured on my list!




1.  Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye-cream
Less make up is more in summer, no one wants to cover their face in a mass of concealer once the weather starts to warm up. So what do we do about those pesky under eye circles/ bags. Enter Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye cream, to brighten and de-puff that eye area!

2. Witch Oil Control Foaming Face Wash
As someone who has combination oily skin I prefer not caking my face in mattifying foundation and powder in summer so an oil controlling face wash is a must to prevent being overly shiny.

3. Vichy Normaderm Micellar Water
Micellar waters are huge at the minute but have always been a staple product for make up artists, they remove make up with ease and contain minimal ingredients so it's easy on the skin, the last thing you want is to irritate your skin if it's already sunburnt! £10:50 too expensive for you? Try the Loreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Micellar Water I can tell you from experience it is just as good as the more expensive products at a cheaper price too.

4. Rimmel Natural Bronzer
If you're a bit of a cheapskate like me you might not want to pay for a new foundation to match your skin tone now that you have a tan. The solution? Bronzer. Bronzer is your friend in summer trust me it will save you having to buy another foundation.

5. Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo
My hair is very dry, but I love going swimming, all that chlorine is bad news for your hair it can dry it out, be sure to use a hydrating shampoo and conditioner to counteract the damage.

6. Garnier BB Miracle Skin Pefector Oil Free
BB creams have had a tough time of late with claims the western brands just don't stand up to the quality of the Asian brands. However, BB cream is still a lighter alternative to foundation and this one in particular is oil free so it isn't greasy on the skin a common complaint with BB creams made by Western brands.

7. Urban Decay 24/7 Waterpoof Liquid Eyeliner
This may not be for everyone but I'm a liquid eye-liner addict and you need one that's going to withstand not only going in the pool or sea (if you wear make up to the pool) but also 'melting' off in the heat. Waterproof is your best bet.

8. Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo Cream Eye-Shadow
Cream eye-shadow's will always last better because they tend to be wax based, but you can always bolster your chances of your eye-shadow staying put by using and eye-shadow primer, like Urban Decay's Eye Shadow Primer Potion.

9. Max Factor Masterpiece Waterproof Mascara
This is my favourite mascara, but I tend to use the non waterproof formula most of the year. However I have very blonde eyelashes and pretty much refuse to go anywhere without mascara, so in summer I need it  to be waterproof.

10. John Frieda Full Repair Deep Conditioner
May not be to everyone's taste but before you get in the pool, lather you hair with deep conditioner and then plait it. This way whilst your swimming the pool water will wash out the conditioner first rather that coming straight in to contact with your hair, this helps prevent your hair from absorbing too much of the chlorinated water.

11. John Frieda Frizz Ease Thermal Protection
This is my HG hair product. I have frizzy hair and when the air starst to get humid that's when my hair goes poofy and starts sticking out in all directions, this tames the frizz and the added heat protectant, protects my hair from heat styling without the need of an extra product.

12. Ultra Sun Face and Body Set
This one is pretty self explanatory you've gotta have that sun cream! This brand in particular is very good, I myself have used it and can vouch for that. I am also pleased to report that the face sun cream has not caused any breakouts but be aware that everyone's skin is different and this may have a different effect on you.

13. Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Body Butter Exotic Coconut
It's an after sun and moisturiser all in one what more could you want. It soothes your skin after a day in the sun, makes you skin feel smooth, and smells delicious. Have you ever smelt Malibu Caribbean Rum? Well that's pretty much what it smells like!

14. Ultrasun Ultralip SPF 15
Your lips can be one of the first things to burn in the sun. They need protecting just as much as your skin does, it's important to use a lip product with SPF in it. So if your favourite lipstick doesn't have SPF remember to buy a lip balm that does.

15. Urban Decay Chill Make Up Setting Spray
I mentioned before not wanting to use mattifying powders in the summer the best way to avoid this whilst also keeping your face matte and shine free is to use a make up setting spray. This one in particular is perfect for a summer holiday, it sets your make up and chills it to keep you feeling refreshed for up to 12 hours.

16. Benefit Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer
Primer's aren't for everyone in fact people with dry or normal skin most likely don't need them, I need to use one all year round and even more so in summer because I have oily combination skin. Primer goes on before your make up and forms a barrier to protect your skin but also to help make up stay put for longer, whilst it may not make your make up waterproof, it will help your make up hold longer in the heat than it would without a primer!

That's it for today everyone! Thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed it, I shall see you all on Monday if not before!

Don't forget to comment below and tell me your opinion on the products I mentioned, and also what is on your list of summer must haves, do you have any recommendations for me? I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you're a Bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified on when there is a new post. All you have to do is click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D