Wednesday 31 July 2013

Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt!

Hello everybody!

How are we all this fine Wednesday? Me? I am tired, I've been working out a lot recently in a bid to get fit for my summer holiday which is just a month away now, and have been doing Cassey Ho's a.ka. Blogilates POP H.I.I.T (High Intensity Interval Training). Trust me they work, in both getting you fit and making your muscles ache!

Anyway on to today's post which is the Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt! Please pardon my extremely full and messy bookcase, I am fully aware that I need to buy more! Let's jump right in!



My Book Case!!


1: Find an authors name or title with the letter Z in it!












This counts right? It is Night Rise by Anthony HorowitZ. Yeah I never finished this book.

2: Find a classic!













This is A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, it even has Collins Classics on the cover.

3: Find a book with a key on it!
Can you believe that in the entirety of that mess of a book case I only had one book with a key on it??













This is Vampire Diaries The Return - Shadow Souls (book two in the second vampire diaries series. The series before she was fired as the author)

4: Find something on your book shelf that is not a book!








This is my Thomas Sabo charm bracelet that I got for my 18th birthday. When I'm not wearing it it sits in it's box on my book shelf because I have nowhere else to put it. I have 3 charms on it, R & B for my initials, and Mickey Mouse playing football (this one was specifically from my dad, who got two of my biggest loves in one charm, Disney and football, I LOVE IT!).

5:Find the oldest book on you shelf!












This is Bram Stoker's Dracula. I think it's the oldest book on my shelf it was published in the 90's (well this edition was).

6: Find a book with a girl on the cover!
Okay really? I would say at least if not more than 80% of my books have girls on the cover!












This is obviously a girl. . . Entangled by Cat Clarke.

7: Find a book with an animal in it!
Easy, I've ready too many paranormal YA books for this to be anything other than easy.













HA! There's me going on about all the paranormal YA books I've read and I go and pick A Game of Thrones by George R R Martin. Well it still counts, there's wolves and horses and dragons. It counts!

8: Find a book with a male protagonist!












This is Looking For Alaska by John Green and is told from a male point of view.

9: Find a book with only words on it!













Okay I definitely cheated on this one. I chose my Collins Thesaurus books I don't actually have a book that's just words!

10: Find a book with illustrations in it!












Okay so I didn't take pictures of the illustrations but trust me, I promise it has them, this is 172 Hours On The Moon by Johan Harstad.

11: Find a book with Gold Lettering!











I know it doesn't look like it but trust me, the Wonders Of Egypt part is definitely gold lettering!

12: Find a diary (true or fictional)!












Again I kind of cheated with this book because it just has the characters writing in a diary every now and then. Why I took a picture of books 3&4 I don't know but there you go! This is The Vampire Diaries, The Fury & The Reunion (original series).


13: Find a book written by someone with a common name like Smith!
I currently feel like bashing my head against a wall having realised I own a book where the authors last name is Smith. I own 5 actually. See above pic, L J SMITH!!! Oh well












This is Take Me There by Carolee Dean. Dean's a pretty common surname right?

14: Find a book that has a close-up of something on it!












It's a giant silver eye! The Host by Stephenie Meyer.


15: Find a book on your shelf that takes place in the earliest time period!
Okay so I already included A Christmas Carol and Dracula in this scavenger hunt so the only book I really have left that is set in the earliest time period is . . .












Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

16: Find a hard cover book without a jacket!












Hhmm mystery book. A hard cover book I lost the cover for and only has the title on the spine. It is If I Stay by Gayle Forman. Does it count if it came with a cover? Let's just say yes it does count.



17: Find a teal/ turquoise coloured book!












The Pledge by Kimberly Derting. Trust me the cover is a lot more of a turquoise colour in real life than the picture suggests.

18: Find a book with stars on it!
I only had one!












Across The Universe by Beth Revis. There is quite clearly stars on the cover.

19: Find a Non - YA book!
I picked the first one I saw.












A classic Sci-Fi novel. 1984 by George Orwell


That is all for today! As usual I hoped you enjoyed this post and I shall see you all on Friday!

Have you read any of these books listed in my bookshelf scavenger hunt? Did you enjoy them? Let me know in the comments!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you are a Bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified on when there is a new post to read. All you have to do is click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D