Wednesday 17 July 2013

Despicable Me: Minion Nails!!

Hello everyone!

So on Thursday I headed in to Manchester to do some shopping for my holiday. Like the beauty junkie I am I saw that Boots were having an offer on where if you spent £30 you would get £7.50 worth of advantage card points obviously I couldn't pass this up. (Please note this offer was for one day only! Thursday 11th of July) So I picked up the remaining products I would need to create a nail design based on the cute Yellow Minions from the popular film Despicable Me!

So if you want to learn how to create this fun nail design just read on!




First things first,
to create this design you will need, a base coat, yellow, blue, grey, white, and black nail polish, top coat and dotting tools or tooth picks.


For this design I used:
Opi Nail Envy Matte, 2 coats of Maybelline Color Show Electric Yellow, Rimmel I heart lasting finish Azure, Nails Inc Porchester Square, Maybelline Colour show Winter Baby, No 7 black striper, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat. 
You will also need a scrap piece of paper and your dotting tools or tooth pick.

1. Apply your choice of base coat to protect your nails.














2. Allow the base coat to dry and then apply two coats of your yellow nail polish. Make sure you let the first coat dry before you start on the second.











3.Take your blue nail polish and keep a steady hand as you rotate your finger under the brush to create the minions dungarees.










4. Grab your scrap piece of paper and pour a small amount of grey nail polish and use your dotting tool to create the rim of the goggles.
 

5. Repeat step four but using the white polish this time for the eyes, using a slightly smaller dotting tool.
 

6. Using another smaller dotting tool, repeat the above step using black nail polish to create the pupil.
 
7.If you have a nail striper use it if not use a tooth pick for the final steps, which is to add hair, goggle straps and a smile to your minion, for a bit of added personality.
 



8.Once you've left the polish to dry seal your design with a top coat, I used Sally Hansen insta-dry. Any top coat is fine however a fast drying one is recommended so that the colours don't smudge together.
 


That's all for today I hope you enjoyed this post and I shall see you all on Friday!

Don't forget to comment below and tell me your opinion on this design, let me know what you think! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you're a Bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified on when there is a new post. All you have to do is click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D