Wednesday 10 July 2013

Coming Soon! The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones!

Hello!

Welcome to the Wednesday post. This week with just over a month to go I shall be compiling the trailers, and plot to deliver to you a preview of the upcoming film The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, based on the best selling novels by Cassandra Clare of the same name.

You may remember that in November last year I did a trailer comparison of two films one of which was this film. For a little back ground knowledge on how I feel about this film already you can read that post by clicking here.


Read More After The Jump!



I was first introduced to the Mortal Instrument books three years ago by a friend in high school. I added them to my Christmas list and when I got my hands on them, I devoured them. I had finished City of Bones by the end of Boxing day (26th of December) and was captivated by the world Clare had created. You can imagine my reaction when I heard a film was in the works.


I am the kind of person who becomes obsessed with things. I think it says a lot that three years after I first read the books, I'm still excited in anticipation of this film. I think I even squealed in excitement a little when I found out it was being made. Even my Twilight obsession (which I told you on Monday I am not proud of) didn't last as long as this. 



The film stars Lily Collins as Clary Fray, a young New York teen whose mother is a shadow hunter. Clary is completely unaware of this and when she starts seeing things that others can't she catches the attention Jace Wayland (Jamie Campbell Bower) who informs her that she is not a mundane. This sets in motion a chain of events that reveals to Clary the world hidden with in our own, a world where demons and creatures of the night a real.

Can I just say that I think Lily Collins is a perfect casting for the role of Clary. And yes Jamie Campbell Bower has grown on me. After I was initially unsure back in November, the steady stream of trailers and posters since then has convinced me other wise, I think he will prove to be a great Jace.



The film is due for release on August 21st, in the UK and USA. (A full list of release dates can be found here)

On Monday (July 8th) the final poster for the Mortal Instruments was released. Please note no Copyright infringement intended I do not own this picture. 


The Mortal Instruments is a set of six books: City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls and the sixth book set for release in March 2014 City of Heavenly Fire.
Many people have expressed concern that with City of Heavenly Fire coming out two years after it's predecessor City of Lost Souls that it's audience will lose interest and their anticipation for it will wane somewhat. Will you hold out until next March to read the conclusion to The Mortal Instruments series?

The plot for the Mortal Instruments: City of Bones is as follows,

After Clary Fray, a seemingly ordinary teenager, witnesses a murder at a club she finds out that her mother, Jocelyn was attacked in their home in New York City. She was kidnapped by a man named Valentine in his search for an object called the Mortal Cup. She calls on Jace a shadow hunter and his fellow shadow hunters, Alec and Isabelle Lightwood to help her on her quest to rescue her mother. 
Only along the way she finds out the truth about her past, about her bloodline and in the end becomes the person her mother feared she would become.

Clary learns that like Jace her mother was a shadow hunter, someone who is half angel and half human. Clary realises that she too has the power to be a shadow hunter and along the way trains to try and harness her powers in time to help save her mother. It isn't long before Clary finds herself caught in a battle between forces she barley understands.

What that plot doesn't mention though, is the love story, (there has to be one doesn't there, it's practically the law that all young adult novels no matter there genre have a love story.) Only this is your ordinary love story there's a slight twist that if you haven't read the books might leave you more than just a little shocked. Don't worry though there's plenty of shadow hunter vs demon action along the way that mean this 'love story' becomes almost secondary.

So does any of that wet your appetite? If not go back up if you haven't already and watch those trailers! Read the books! If supernatural YA is your thing you won't be disappointed. It is marketed (like most YA film adaptation these days) as the next Twilight, but if you ask me, this is a million times better than Twilight could ever be, you only have to watch the trailers to see what I'm talking about.

Thank you for reading this post and I shall see you on Friday!

x

Please subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Have a bloglovin account? You can now follow me on there too to be notified of when I post just click here to follow!

For more of me and my inane rambling you can follow me on twitter here!






No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D