Friday 12 July 2013

I HEART Summer Tag!

Hello everyone!

So this week in England summer has finally decided to show up! Okay maybe it showed up in London a while ago but I live in the north west and the weather has been really hit and miss recently, we've had nice weekends here and there but this is the first time we have had a solid week of high temperatures. So I thought I would celebrate the summer in this post, since it may be my only opportunity given how short lived a British Summer can be. (For reference last year we pretty much had one nice week in May in the north west, the rest was cloudy, with 90% chance of rain.)

So without further adieu let's jump right in to the I HEART Summer Tag!




Question 1:
What is your favourite bronzer for summer?

Easy question because in my whole life I've only ever used one bronzer. Considering I only started wearing bronzer this year. It is Hoola by Benefit, I love it because it blends out easily can be used for contouring (if you have a light hand!!) Little warning you do have to be very careful with this bronzer it is very pigmented you don't want to look like you have bronze war stripes on your cheeks! You have been warned!!

Question 2:
You are relaxing in a hammock, on a tropical island. What are you sipping on?

If I'm not drinking Pepsi or and Iced Latte because let's face it I drink those at home. My tropical Island drink of choice would most definitely be a Tequila Sunrise. Can't get enough of it, it's one of my favourite cocktails!

Question 3:
What is your favourite summer lip product?

Let me let you in on a little secret, I have a slight addiction to lip products, I don't know why it's just the one thing that draws me in time and time again. I don't need any more but I still buy it! How can I pick just one! Okay firstly they are all lip butters! Number one is The Body Shop's Coconut Lip butter, I tend to wear this at night or under lipstick because it leaves a white cast on the lips but it smells incredible! And the last three are all Revlon Lip Butters, in Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parfait and Sorbet. I am in love with Revlon Lip Butters that's pretty much all I can say about them!

Question 4:
Do your prefer the pool or the beach?

Easy I prefer the pool a million times over.

Question 5:
Summer = crazy hair! What is your must have styling product?

I've told you this before, I use John Freida's Frizz Ease serum it's my holy grail of hair care. I use the formula that also has heat protectant. However when I'm on holiday, I go swimming and the chlorine/ salt water from the sea dries my hair out so I usually have to take a hydration conditioner with me too.

Question 6:
Sunbathing or fake tan?

Okay I probably don't take the option here that is best for me, but I will always prefer sun bathing. I have never, ever used fake tan, not even once. Mainly because I actually quite like being pale. So if I don't get a tan from sun bathing that's fine with me I like having pale skin, just keep your chemical tan away from me thanks.

Question 7:
Favourite summer nail polish?

Oh I don't know! Last year my favourite was Cute As A Button by Essie which was a lovely coral pink shade. This year it's probably Royal Botanical Gardens by Nails Inc. I got mine as part of the Nails Inc Summer 2013 collection and to put it simply it's just a pretty Mint Green, highly pigmented, looks flawless after two coats. (That is obviously dependent on how skilled you are at painting you're nails.)

Question 8:
Any Summer Traditions?

Other than going to the beach at least once, I can't really think of any specific summer traditions. Does clothes shopping for summer clothes every year count as a tradition?

Question 9:
Favourite Summer scent?

My favourite summer scent is probably the perfume I have been wearing all summer which is Ralph Lauren's Big Pony for Women number 2. It's a fruity fragrance with a hint of spice that smells delicious for summer. Oh can I add one more? I absolutely love Yankee Candles Black Coconut candle. Literally have that burning, and close you eyes the sent alone would make you think you're on a tropical island.

Question 10:
Favourite BBQ food?

Just give me a plate full of burgers and I'll be a happy a bunny!

Question 11:
What's your favourite summer-proof product?

It would have to be my Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer. Mainly because we all get a little sweaty in that midday summer sun, and I have oily combination skin, so this primer keeps my make up in place all day. So my make up doesn't start to travel across my face to places I didn't originally put it. Like eye-liner smudging down my cheeks or something I don't know. This primer just helps put a stop to that.

Question 12: 
Any Summer Vacation plans this year?

Yes! I will be spending a week in Spain down near Malaga/ Puerto Banus/ Gibraltar soaking up some warm weather before, the cold wet British Winter sneaks up on us!


That is all for today's post I hope you liked it!

Don't forgot to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!
Or if you're a bloglovin user you can follow my blog on there too where you will be instantly notified of when I post just click that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it! And I shall see you all on Monday!

x

2 comments:

  1. Beka I had no idea you had a blog! Ahh yay, now following you. Hope you're well xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! thanks for following! I'm good thanks hope you're well too :) xxx

      Delete

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D