Friday 23 August 2013

The 90's Tag!

All aboard the nostalgia train!

I saw this tag originally on Youtube were Zoella and Tanya Burr did it, and honestly though I was born in 94 there is still so much I remember about being a child in the 90's so why not come along with me as I reminisce about my childhood! (FYI there maybe a little story to tell along with some of the answers!)




On to the Questions!

1. Favourite Disney Film?
This is not quite as simple a question as you would think! If you had asked me in the 90's I probably would have told you that Cinderella was my favourite but thinking back on it I don't think that's true!
Today my all time favourite film is Disney's Beauty and The Beast and I think it was subconsciously back then too.

Story Time!
As a child I had the fantastic ability of falling the downstairs every time I tried to walk down. I would start singing high ho high ho it's home from work we go (yes from another Disney film haha I was a major Disney kid and I still am!) when I would fall down near enough every time and the only thing that would calm me down was a drink of water out of my favourite Beauty and The Beast cup. Which sadly I don't have any more!

2. Favourite Music Artist?
Easy totally easy!
STEPS!!
This was the first ever concert I went to and there is a certain slightly cute/ embarrassing picture of me and my sister before we went to the concert. We both had those tinsel bobbles in our hair, our hair was crimped, glitter eye-shadow, rocking our Steps concert t-shirts.
You know what I'm totally not ashamed that I learnt the dance moves and even cried when my dad told me they had split up, that was a very sad day.

3. Favourite Candy/ Sweeties?
Flying Saucers is definitely high up on my list too! Black Jacks and Fruit Salads I loved those! Push Pop's, Double Dip, Rainbow Drops and Candy Sticks, god there are so many sweets I remember from my childhood! I also used love going to the pick and mix and getting the giant strawberry and banana sweets!


I do not own this picture, no copyright infringement intended.

4. Favourite Game (Board Game, School Game etc)
One of the most popular things in my primary school was the cats cradle (along side the usual like tig)


Other games we played were stick in the mud, red letter. In terms of board games I loved Connect Four, Kerplunk, Buckaroo, Monopoly (even though my uncle always cheated and gave the banker IOU'S) and who can forget Twister (still used today by drunk University students I may have partaken in this once or twice). 

5. Favourite McDonald's Happy Meal Toy?
I don't remember a lot about the toys we got in happy meals when I was younger, like Zoe mentioned in her videos I vaguely remember the tiny TY toys.

6. Favourite Book?
I had a lot of favourite books as a child like, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Owl Who Was Afraid Of The Dark, A Piece Of Cake, I'm Going On  Dragon Hunt. I didn't start really reading proper full length books as a hobby until I got hooked on the Series Of Unfortunate Events books, in fact I wrote a blog post about it which you can CLICK HERE to read. 

7. Favourite Clothing Store?
I don't really remember where I bought my clothes, I remember going into a shop called Adams a lot as a child. Usually my mum picked out my clothes and I played at the Lego table! I remember exactly were it used to be in my little town but it closed down a long time ago (well the shop did, the company is still very much around)

8. Favourite NickJnr show?
I don't remember a lot of NickJnr shows, I remember watching Sponge bob that was on there sometimes, as was Fairly Odd Parents.

9. What would you watch when you got home from school?
Jungle Run! I loved that show I always wanted to be a contestant on it! (it only started broadcasting in late 1999 but it still counts) There was also Teletubbies, Rosie and Jim (I had Rosie and Jim toys haha!), Pingu, Blues Clues (Wait this was a NickJnr show!!), Bear in the Big Blue House. Ahh the good old days haha!


Thank You for coming along on this Nostalgia trip with me, I Tag you to do this as well, why not it's fun reminiscing! I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! I will see you all on Monday!

Don't forget to comment below and tell me your  favourite 90's memories! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you're a Bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified on when there is a new post. All you have to do is click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D