Wednesday 13 November 2013

Trailer Talk! - Divergent!

Hello!

I wasn't expecting to be doing another one of these so soon, but I don't decide when trailers get released do I. So this afternoon (UK) or this morning depending on were you live in the world. Summit released a brand spanking new, full length trailer for the hotly anticipated Divergent film!

If you have yet to see it, watch below before continuing on.

Divergent Trailer!



Tagline: One choice can transform you

You may remember how disappointed I was by the original teaser trailer that was released a couple of months back. So the question is had my opinion changed now that We've got to see a little more?

Let's jump right in!


WARNING!! SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK!!


1)Initial Reaction:
I didn't like it. Oh I know. However it's for a completely different reason than last time. It's because of Allegiant. I still don't think I've recovered from Allegiant yet because I just can't get excited for this film now that I know how desperately sad the ending will be when the time comes.
I wanted to like it, I could feel a little bubble of excitement building inside me, but it just hasn't been on the level of other films like with the Hunger Games. Now writing this I have only watched the trailer once. So may be if I see it again. My opinion will change. The next section I will write after I have seen it again. 

2)How Do I Feel Now:
I'm very very confused. A lot of it doesn't make sense to me. Why are they showing the bit in the water tank as though that's the aptitude test that Tori administers? Has this been changed?
I still don't like that Jeanine Matthews is doing the choosing ceremony and not Marcus. Even though I'm assuming Marcus is in the film because it looks like he is when we get a glimpse of Fours fear landscape later on. 

I find it interesting that they kept in the small detail of the hair cut, the bun, and the mirror hidden behind the wall, strange that, usually something as small as that would be cut. 

We Dauntless kids jumping off of trains, though it doesn't seem a very fearless act to me since the train is moving at a crawl and the ground is about 2 centimetres below them. Hopefully it will be a little more dangerous when the make the jump onto the building at Dauntless headquarters. 

What else is there, oh yes there is an extremely cheesy looking scene of Tris and Four, Four his shirtless it looks like they are about to kiss as the sun is setting on the Chicago skyline it just looks very cheesy. I'm not sure how I feel about that. 

We see Tris and Four taking part in what seems like the attack on Abnegation I didn't think it got that far, I thought they were found out before that happened. Odd. And I don't remember Four being taken away in a car either, unless I just can't remember. 

3)When Is It Released: 
Divergent is still quite a few months away due for release March 21st 2014. 

4)Would I See The Film Based On This Trailer Alone: 
No. Is that a biased response? I don't think so because as such a huge fan of the books I would go and see whether I liked the trailer or not. But I just didn't like the trailer at all. And I'm not sure it would make a whole lot of sense to anyone who hasn't read the book, so had I not read any of the books I probably wouldn't go and see this film off the trailer alone. 

5)Overall Score: 
I score this trailer 5/10. It was better than the first trailer we were given but there is still a lot that I feel needs clearing up. And therefore there is still a lot of room for improvement, I hope the reason it put together this way liek showing the water tank during Tori administering the aptitude test is because the actual aptitude test scene is ready to go yet. At least that's what I hope. There is definitely still a lot of room for improvement. 


That is all for today! As usual I hoped you enjoyed this post and I shall see you all on Friday!

Don't forget to comment below and tell me what your opinion is on the trailer! Are you excited?  Let me know I would love to discuss it with you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you are a Bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified on when there is a new post to read. All you have to do is click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D