Monday 18 November 2013

Christmas Nail Art: Elf/Santa Suit!

Hello everyone!
It's Nail Art time again, now I don't know about you but I am firmly in the Christmas spirit (despite having still not seen the coke Christmas advert!) So even though it's still November we are part the half way point so in my eyes I have free reign to be as christmasey as I want. So deal with it!




General Things You Will Need: Base Coat, Top Coat, Nail art stripers, toothpicks. 
For Santa You Will Need: Red nail polish, white nail polish, black nail polish striper, silver nail polish striper.
For Elf You Will Need: Green nail polish, black nail polish striper, silver nail polish striper.

For This Tutorial I Used: Rimmel Nail Nurse, Kate Spade by Nails Inc in Big Apple Red, Maybelline Colour Show in Winter Baby, N07 Stay Perfect Polish in Dollar, N07 black nail art striper, N07 silver nail art striper, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat. 

NOTE: Any sections in which I use a nail art striper can be done by using a toothpick as well just try to keep you hand as still as possible!

Santa:

1. Apply your basecoat and allow to dry.
2. Paint all your nails 2 thin coats of the red or as many as needed to make it opaque.
3. When the red has dried use the white polish to draw a line down the middle and across the tip of the nail for the fur on Santa's suit. 
4. When the white has dried, draw to lines horizontally across the nail around mid way up then fill in. 
5. In the centre use the silver striper to draw on a square for the belt buckle.
6. Apply a top coat to seal in the design!

Elf:

1. Apply your basecoat and allow to dry.
2. Paint all your nails 2 coats of the green.
3. When the green has dried draw to horizontal black lines across the centre of the nail and fill in for the belt. 
4. In the centre use the silver striper (or toothpick) to draw on a square for the belt buckle. 
5. Apply a top coat to seal in the design. 

That's all for today I really hope you enjoyed this post and I shall see you all on Wednesday! 

Or email me a picture of your version of this nail art at bekasview@gmail.com ! 

Don't forget to comment below and tell me your opinion on this design, let me know what you think! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you're a Bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified on when there is a new post. All you have to do is click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D