Friday 1 November 2013

Trailer Talk! - The Hunger Games: Catching Fire!

Hello!

It's been a while since we did a trailer talk hasn't it. And since a new and final trailer for Catching Fire was released this week, I thought why not do a trailer analysis. It's only a short minute long trailer, but boy is it action packed and probably my favourite trailer of all the ones released for this film!

If you have yet to see it, watch below before continuing on.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Final Trailer!


Tagline: Remember who the enemy is. & Every revolution begins with a spark.

You'll remember my disappointment at the trailer for Divergent which was a similar length to this, well ladies and gentleman I can assure you there was no disappointment when I watched this trailer, just lots of screaming and fan girling!

Let's jump right in!


WARNING!! SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK!!


1)Initial Reaction:
Honestly, I think I squealed screamed and did some stupid little happy dance because this trailer is just that awesome. I never expected to see so much of the Arena!! That was amazing I wonder why they kept it under wraps for so long then decided to release it just before the film was due to release! Either way I'm hooked I'm definitely going to see it (Although I already was going to any way I didn't need this trailer to make me want to go!)



2)How Do I Feel Now:
I still love it!
There is nothing that I don't love about it!

Let's talk about that opening scene! Oh my God, obviously you won't know the significance of that unless you've read the book. People who haven't must be thinking, "what a waste of an arrow" or "why is shooting at nothing in the sky?" When in reality all us lovers of the book know that she is shooting at a chink in the force field that bring it down and literally end the Games! EEK!! I didn't expect to see that before the movie was released. 

The fire on the parade costumes looks a lot better than it did in the previous film, I'm glad they've fixed that because it was pretty bad!

Honestly we were shown so much in this trailer I really don't know where to begin, there was training, the victory tour, Victors Village with Prim, the Capitol, The Arena, The surprises in the arena, the Mocking Jay wedding dress! Too much oh dear lord, just give it too me now!

So we saw the fog, the monkey's, the wave and the birds. Anything else? Oh and if you're curious as to why Katniss appeared to be in so much pain when she was trapped with the birds, it wasn't because they were attacking it's because the played the sound of you're loved ones being tortured over and over again. And I'm pretty sure it's Prim that Katniss hears getting tortured. 

Oh yeah the Quarter Quell is going off with a bang! I can't wait!

3)When Is It Released: 
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire though it has been a long time coming is finally released this month! On November 21st! 

4)Would I See The Film Based On This Trailer Alone: 
Yes! Okay putting my biased brain away. 
Honestly, yes I would. Because it shows us what previous trailers didn't we actually get to see some action this time around, and it only intrigues you further as to what exactly is inside that arena this. Honestly I still think the Arena for Catching Fire is seriously epic, so I can't wait to see how it translates on screen. 

5)Overall Score: 
I would score this trailer 10/10 wow! I know right. Well it's short sweet to the point, we don't get a lot of story because the other trailers gave us that, we get a mash up of different important events, and lot's of arena action. I think it was a great way to set the ball rolling to get the hype up ahead of it's release, well played Lionsgate, well played. 


That is all for today! As usual I hoped you enjoyed this post and I shall see you all on Monday!

Don't forget to comment below and tell me what your opinion is on the trailer! Are you excited?  Let me know I would love to discuss it with you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you are a Bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified on when there is a new post to read. All you have to do is click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D