Monday 1 December 2014

Beka's Corner: Top 5 Tips For Walt Disney World!

Hello everyone, happy Monday. Sort of.

You may think today's post is a little bit random, but for anyone reading this who doesn't know I spent this past summer, (June 3rd - August 8th) taking part in the Disney Cultural Exchange Program, (formerly Disney International College Program) for anyone interested I will leave links to my tumblr and YouTube channel where I 'covered' my whole experience.

I'm top left corner :)


So with that in mind I'm here to give you some tips, my top 5 for surviving your Disney Vacation!


In case anyone is curious I worked at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street USA.

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone asks and am considering doing an overview on this blog too. We'll see though. On with tips.

1. Prepare For The Weather.
Yes Florida is the Sunshine State, but that's not the only weather you need to worry about. I was there all summer and I've been on holiday there over 'winter' so I feel I have a pretty good grasp on Florida weather.

In summer it is hot, even when it's raining its hot. And those thunderstorms can be pretty terrifying, if you come form a country were its either cloudy, raining, with one week of sun a year. Florida weather is extreme. So. Ponchos are a must in summer, get them from Walmart you'll be paying around $18 for an adult poncho at DisneyWorld.

Stay hydrated. The water fountains are filtered water, so you can refill any bottle you have or go to any QSR (quick service restaurant) and ask for ice water it's free. (Note though it's a QSR you can't get ice water from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor we don't have a filtered water system.

In winter, going to Disney for Christmas? Yes it can still be fairly hot during the day, I was in shorts and t-shirt on Christmas Day in Magic Kingdom two years ago, but it gets cold at night, fast. So if your spending all day at the park waiting for the fireworks take a jacket with you.

2. Summer Thunderstorms & Closed Attractions.

Lightning struck attractions more than once when I was there so yes whilst I know it's frustrating, it's for both your safety and the cast members safety.
Where I worked at Magic Kingdom, 101 meant there was lightning in the area, we were not allowed outside when we 101 and on the clock.
So if they won't let their cast members outside, they aren't going to put their guests at risk by running rides whilst 101. Don't worry though, Disney world 102 a lot of the time, meaning it's safe. With Just heavy   rain it's down to the cast members discretion to close the ride or not.

The question I got the most when it rained?
Will the fireworks still go ahead if it's raining?
Yes.
The only time they won't if there's lightning.

3.Resort Guest? Make the most of it!

Everyone knows the busiest time of day is round midday, but if you're a resort guest, you get free transport all around Disney property, so why not head to the parks early, catch the opening show at Magic kingdom, especially make use of extra magic hours. Leave around 10/11 and spend a few hours relaxing at your hotel pool before heading back to the park in the evening. That means you especially in summer you miss the busiest and hottest part of the day.

This is the best idea for families with young children, you don't want to know how many times I've seen young children sleeping on benches and strollers in the middle of he day at Disney World.

4.Anna and Elsa.

The most sort after meet and greet experience at Disney is Anna and Elsa, but if you don't have fast passes to meet the famous sisters you can be stuck in that queue for hours I would know I waited over 3 hours to meet them the first time. I had joined the line around 4pm.

However the second time a went to see the I went just as Wishes the firework show ended, I was in and out within 40mins. Worth thinking about if you don't mind missing the fireworks.

You can always try on extra magic hour mornings, too since those are for resort guests only the queue won't be a big.

5. Plan!

Whether or not it's your first Disney World vacation planning is essential. Did you know you can fit Disneyland (California) into Magic Kingdoms car park. Also , Disney property, is the size of San Francisco. You will not be able to do everything in one trip. I was there just shy of three months and didn't get to do everything. So make a plane everything you do want to do, then anything else is a bonus. Yes Disney World is the place were dreams come true but it's all wise to head in to it with realistic expectations of how much you will do.

FUN FACT: only one third of Disney property is developed. Another third is reserved for conservation, that means there is still potential for Disney World to double in size as if it wasn't already big enough.

BONUS TIP: Magic Kingdom, hits capacity often in the busy seasons. I.e. Summer, Halloween and Christmas. If you want to spend Christmas Day, or 4th of July in a Disney park get there early. Because once they reach capacity they won't let anyone in. This is mainly for non resort guests. Because resort guests are guaranteed entry to a Disney park. This may not be your first choice of park though. So if you have your heart set on Christmas at the Magic Kingdom. Get. There. Early.

I do have more tips to share but I thought this post was getting long so look out for part 2 coming soon!


That is all for today folks!

I do hope you enjoyed this post, if you did please share with your friends, or leave me a comment below I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe if you like my blog so you don't miss a single post! You can do this via Bloglovin too, just scroll to the top of the page, link is on the left hand side!

See you all on Friday! Have a great week! 



xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D