Monday 23 March 2015

Boots Beauty Haul.

Over the past month or so I've made a few trips to Boots, armed with my advantage card and vouchers I bought things I needed but also treated myself, a luxury many of us can't afford so I thought it would be nice to share my most recent beauty splurge.




 Skincare:


Normally I'm not a huge skincare purchaser beyond make up removers. Up until recently I never used moisturiser (face) because I didn't need it, I've always had oily combination skin however, over the past few months I've had issues with dry skin whilst still being oily so I purchased the Soap and Glory Fab Pore Moisture Lotion. It is Paraben free, it claims to control sebum release, minimise appearance of large pores, boost moisture levels yet mattify, brighten the skin, remove dead skin cells and boost oxygen. I have found this moisturiser works very well for my skin, My pores though still slightly visible are less noticeable beneath my foundation, and it has helped moisturise  my skin. 
Next is Nivea's Daily Essentials double effect eye make up remover. A repurchase and something I have mentioned before on my blog. It works like a dream to get even the most stubborn waterproof eye make up off for a very affordable price.
Finally I bought a face scrub, one that wasn't in a mask form so I could use it in the shower when I'm in a rush this is the Garnier Fresh Radiance Boosting Scrub. It smells divine and claims to purify and revitalise, it contains citrus and moringa extracts. I would definitely follow the instructions on the back to use only three times a week as it can be a bit drying (the soap and glory moisture lotion helps to combat this) however, my skin always feels fresh, clean and revitalised after using it, it's perfect for mornings when you don't feel very awake. 

Face: 


Here I bought a few products that I have seen talked about and recommended. The first being Barry M's Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit, a make up technique that is all the rage right now, I haven't used it much as I've had it less than a week however I have noticed it can be particularly tricky to blend, so It's probably best to build this rather than go in heavy, I shall review in full when I have used it more. 
Next is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, and if you haven't heard about this product I'll be amazed it is routinely compared to the Nars creamy concealer, I'm usually a loyal user of the infamous Collection concealer however that can be pretty heavy so I wanted something a bit light for more natural days. 
Bourjois Poudre de Riz de Java (Java Rice Powder) cute packing aside (at it is very cute with it's vintage feel) I wanted this product because it has been compared to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders (something my purse definitely can not afford) having seen swatches, I have noticed that it is similar just not as finally milled. This is a beautiful highlighter just be careful how you use it as there do appear to be tiny flecks of glitter in the product when the light shines on it however, it truly is gorgeous and gives off a very healthy glow. 
Finally is Cliniques Super balanced foundation. This was a knife t the heart, I rarely buy 'high end' products for myself in fact my first high end purchase for myself was a $40 The Balm eyeshadow palette when I was in America last summer. However this foundation is worth every penny. Remember my recent troubles with dry skin? Well this doesn't cling to dry patches (were my previous foundations the Bourjois 123 perfect cc cream did) it's a medium build-able coverage and the colour (matched in Boots Manchester Market Street store) matches me perfectly I am shade 27 Alabaster. It's oil free and claims to hydrate dry skin and mattify oily skin, I am very impressed with this foundation so far and I thoroughly recommend it. 

Nails: 


Formulated by nails inc I was in the market for a new base coat having been an avid user of Rimmels Nail Nurse for many years (a product I still very much recommend) I fancied a change. This is the Save The Nail Bridge The Ridge Base Coat. The product is very thin which is good for polish application (thin coats always work best) and has a light pink colour so it can be worn alone. 

Eyes: 


I don't want to say much about either of these products as review comparisons are coming soon. First is Maybelline's the rocket volume express mascara in waterproof, a mascara I have used before and thoroughly enjoy but will it beat out Benefits Roller Lash Mascara? Comparison coming soon. 
Finally is Maybelline Lasting Drama 36h Gel Liner Pen in Black Shock, a very similar product to Benefit's They're Real Push Up Liner, but which one is best? Find out soon. 

That's all for today I hoped you enjoyed this post. I will try to review most of the products listed whether as a separate post or a favourites over view. 

I hope you've had a lovely day!
Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't use a single post. 

Props: Owl Tart Burner from Yankee Candle burning Maple X Whisky Main street Bakery Wax Tart Melts (review to come) 

xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D