Monday 30 March 2015

Quick Fix Facials Review.

Teenagers in the UK will remember the £1 sheet masks used in sleepovers that never really did anything. It's no surprise that it's difficult to find a face mask that does what it say on the tin but for a fair price. 
Anyone who follows the beauty community on YouTube will be aware of the Glam Glow face masks, they'll also be aware off their very hefty price tag.


Well say hello to a very small brand called Quick Fix Facials, something I found in Boots the first time hidden away on a bottom shelf but don't let that fool you, their name alone is a pretty big claim and just £5 each they are accessible to mostly everyone, but are they any good?


Over the past year I've owned three of their collection. The Anti-blemish mud mask, the Purifying charcoal mask and the Exfoliating scrub mask.

The Anti-blemish Mud Mask.


The Claims:
For oily spot prone skin.

The Problems: Excess oil, congested, blemish prone skin or a general combinational skin type.

The Solutions: Dead sea mud - helps absorb and control oil production, Salicylic acid - helps draw out impurities and tighten pores, Tea tree oil - helps to treat spots and prevent future blemishes.

Verdict: With continued use this product as really helped clear up my skin, I used to suffer a lot with spots on my forehead, chin and hair line now I only see spots due to hormones. Skin feels clean and soft after use and I can definitely tell the difference when I haven't used it for a while. I tend to use this mask once a week.

The Exfoliating Scrub Mask.


The Claims:
For Blackheads and Blocked Pores.

The Problems: Stubborn & reoccurring blackheads, blocked pores and skin in need of a deep and thorough clean.

The Solutions: Pink rose clay - helps to deep cleanse and decongest the skin, Glycolic acid - effective at balancing out uneven skin tone, Pomegranate extract - with antioxidant and anti-ageing properties to encourage radiant skin.

Verdict:  Through my initial purchase I owned and used these first two at the same time. I usually wash my hair twice a week sometimes more. I use them alternately so as not to dry out or damage my skin by using them more than once a week. I've noticed a stark in improvement in the appearance of blackheads especially round my nose ( a common area since I have an oily tzone) nothing has worked as well as this for me in eliminating blackheads and actually feeling like my skin has been 'deep cleaned' as with the above mask my skin feels very soft and healthy after use.

The Purifying Charcoal Mask.

The Claims:
For congested and lifeless skin

The Problems: Environmental toxins dirt and debris have played havoc with your skin. Blackheads, white heads and an unhealthy looking skin are part of your daily life.

The Solutions: Active Charcoal - rich in minerals, helps clear deep-dwelling pores, Dragon fruit - with vitamin C to moisturise, Cinnamon extract - with reputed antiseptic and astringent properties to help clarify skin.

Verdict:  Living in a city with is close to another large city it's understandable that my skin is exposed to toxins and at times can look dull and unhealthy. I initially purchased this to help my skin feel better when I had a cold. There is a strong cinnamon scent that in this case is actually very pleasant and you can almost feel the mask working to help decongest your skin. This product needs to come with a warning though. Charcoal is known for being very effective in bringing impurities to the surface with will initially cause more breakouts meaning continued use is important to properly clear the skin.

All in all I believe these masks have been a down right success and I would definitely pay more than the £5 price tag for all the good they have done my skin. I'm very lucky to have had pretty clear skin having never suffered from acne but these masks have definitely helped to halt bad and extensive breakouts I'm never without at least one of these in my bathroom! You can find these in Boots and Superdrug however I've also seen them in my local Tesco so give your supermarket a try too!

I hope you enjoyed today's post don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss a single post!

xoxo
Becca



























1 comment:

  1. I too live in a big city, and whenever I go on vacation my skin is so much brighter and healthier. I am going to have to invest in a good skin care mask. Thanks for the tips! xo Ellese from http://rockpaperglam.com/

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D