Wednesday 25 March 2015

Maple X Whisky Candle Review.

I suffer from PDD. (Post Disney Depression)
The first step is admitting you have a problem.
The next step? Acceptance. 
A.K.A Buy anything and everything Disney to hold on to a little piece of that magic. 
Then one of my ICP room mates Ainsley Rogers instagrammed a picture of Disney themed candles. As a candle addict and a Disney addict, I purchased my own straight away. 




Some of you may know last summer (2014) I took part in the Disney International College Program, which means I worked for just over 2 months at Walt Disney World. My work location was the Plaza Ice Cream Parlour, within direct view of Cinderella Castle (I saw Wishes and Celebrate the Magic every night at work) to say I became hooked on Disney magic would be an understatement. 

I plan to write a whole post on what it's like to do the Disney Program so I don't want to get to much into it, but I did right a Disney advice post and you can also check out my Tumblr and YouTube in the mean time if your interested. On to the review!

As I typed all that the fresh scent of apples and sweet caramel is beginning to fill the room. I'm currently burning Poison Apple, Obviously named after the famous apple in Snow White. 

The other candle I purchased is Pineapple Whip based off the infamous treat Pineapple Dole Whip available at Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom.

When I first opened Pineapple whip it instantly became my favourite, transporting me back to Adventure land Magic Kingdom enjoying my pineapple dole whip float in the Floridian sunshine. When I lit it however the scent wasn't quite as strong though the longer it was lit the stronger the smell came through filling a decent sized living room. Described on their Etsy site as being notes of fresh pineapple mixed with sweet creamy vanilla I would definitely say they have captured the essence of the scent well with their description. 

As for Poison Apple, I will admit when I first opened the jar I wasn't that impressed. I wanted the caramel scent described to be more prominent, however when lit that sweet caramel definitely comes through more and it is definitely a delicious and cosy scent. I wouldn't say this reminds me of snow white as targeted but rather, the delicious caramel apples available at Main Street Confectionery. 

These candles have succeed in transporting me back to Florida and to that Disney Magic. I do have two more products from Maple and Whisky, both are tart melts in scents Main Street Bakery and Soarin. However I've only tried Main Street Bakery thus far so I shall review those at a later date. 

These candles are a great success, perfect for any Disney addict like myself. I can't wait to get my hands on more of them! Particularly, Wilderness Lodge and Sugar Rush!

If these candles interest you visit them at their Etsy Shop or on Facebook!
You can also follow them on Instagram!

don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a post!
xoxo
Becca 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D