Monday 14 October 2013

Mickey and Minnie Mouse Inspired Nail Art!

Are you sick of me and Disney yet?

I'm sorry.
You see my friends and family are getting sick of this new wave of Disney obsession I've been having recently so unfortunately for you all, it's seems the task has fallen to you to put up with me, besides I'm hoping a few of you out there share the same obsession as me, I know I can't be alone!

Anyway today's blog post is  Mickey and Minnie Mouse (mainly) inspired Nail Art Guide, with Cinderella's castle thrown in there for good measure, since it's also a classic and well recognised symbol of the Walt Disney Company.


So If you're a Disney fan like me and want to learn my tips and guide to recreating this Disney inspired Nail Art then just carry on reading!

For this tutorial you will need:
White, Black, Red Nail Polish, Black Nail Art Striper, Silver/Gold Nail Art Striper, Dotting tool or Toothpick, Scrap paper, Base coat, Top coat.

For this tutorial I used:
Maybelline Colour Show in Winter Baby - White
Natural Collection in Red Robin - Red
N07 Black Nail Art Striper
No7 Silver Nail Art Striper
Dotting tools in various sizes (If you don't have dotting tools tooth picks will work)
Scrap Paper
Rimmel Nail Nurse Base Coat
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat

How To:

1. Start with clean nails

2. Apply your base coat to protect your natural nail from staining and allow to dry

3. Take you white, red and black polishes, Panit your thumb, index and little finger white until the colour is opaque, paint your ring finger red, and your middle finger half red half black. 

Obviously you don't have to do this the same why I did, you can pick one of the patterns to do over all your nails instead if you like, it really depends on what you prefer. 

4. Starting with the thumb nail draw 2 or 3 thin silver lines with your striper or tooth pick, starting at the tip of the nail. Go horizontal across, draw the next stripe smaller leaving space on either side, draw another smaller line this time leaving space on only one side, draw another line leaving space on the opposite side, leaving space above the line draw small small triangles in each space you left. On the top of the last line draw a triangle and a flag. Take your white nail polish again and using a dotting tool, to form the arch way. (Obviously I need to invest in a more opaque white polish, any recommendations for me? Comment below)

This is probably the hardest of the designs, so if I haven't explained it well and the picture is not clear enough please don't hesitate to comment below and I will try to explain it again.

5. Moving on to the index finger probably the easiest of all the patterns, just pour some of you're red and black nail polish on to a scrap piece of paper, and create a polka dot design across your nail.


6. The middle finger. Using a tooth pick, or your silver/ gold striper draw two small lines down the centre of the red polish to create Mickey's shorts. (apologies for the low quality in this picture I hadn't realised until after I removed the nail polish, hopefully you can still see the design clearly enough to try for yourself)


7. On your ring finger, take your white nail polish and with a dotting tool create a polka dot design

You can stop here or once the polka dots have dried you can take your black nail art
striper and go across the tip of your nail


8. On your little Finger, take a large dotting tool and your black nail polish, make one dot in the centre of your nail, then using a medium sized dotting tool, make two dots directly above to create Minnie's ears.
Once the black has dried, using red nail polish and a small dotting tool, give Minnie a red bow.


9. Once you have allowed the polish to dry for a couple of minutes, use a top coat to seal in your design and you're done!


I hope you enjoyed this Disney Inspired Nail Art. Remember if you're struggling with any of the designs just leave a comment and let me know and I'll try to explain it to you better, I am after all here to help, I post these tutorials in the hope you like them enough to do them yourselves!


That's all for today I shall see you all on Wednesday! 

Email me a picture of your version of this nail art at bekasview@gmail.com ! 

Don't forget to comment below and tell me your opinion on this design, let me know what you think! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you're a Bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified on when there is a new post. All you have to do is click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D