Friday 11 October 2013

My Top 10 Favourite Disney Films!

Hello everyone!

Okay I've been going a little but Disney crazy lately, so I thought why not let that pass over into a blog post. You all know (if you're a regular reader) that my favourite film, not just Disney but of all time is Beauty and The Beast so I thought why not share with you my top 10 list of Disney films.


Honestly, all the films on this list are going to be animated films, oh and before we get started yes Pixar films do count, since Disney owns Pixar.



1. Beauty and The Beast.

We may as well get this out of the way, I can't not include it just because you already know that I love it.
Beauty and the Beast, the only animated film to ever be nominated for the Best Picture Academy Award. A story of a girl who wants more out of life, and a cursed Prince. A story of excepting others, and learning to see the best in them.
Plus it has a damn good soundtrack, with many thanks to Howard Ashman and Alan Menken, the soundtrack is one of the best aspects of the film.


2. A Bugs Life.

This is without doubt firmly in second place and often comes close to stealing first. It's funny since I'm the kind of squeamish person who seriously hates bugs of all kinds, yet a Bugs Life is one of my all time favourite films. I blame it all on Heimlich! He is probably my all time favourite Disney character! I'm not even ashamed to admit I have a cuddly teddy of him. Yes I'm 19 years old and I have a cuddly Heimlich toy (as well as Pascal, Dug, Peas in a pod, Steamboat Willie to name but a few others).
Seriously though, it's a cute, funny, stand up to the bully kind of film, what's not to love?


3. The Lion King.

It's a classic who doesn't love the Lion King. Do I really need to explain why I like this one? The music is epic, the story is good, what more can I say.


4. The Little Mermaid.

The Little Mermaid is a bit of a feel good film for me. And if anyone has seen the documentary Waking Sleeping Beauty, then you will know how close Part of Your World came to be cut from the movie. Why I have no idea, I feel I wouldn't have shouted for Ariel to get everything she wanted had Part of Your World not been included. The music in this film is uplifting, if you're a wimp you'll be in tears when you think Prince Eric is going to marry Vanessa. 


5. The Princess and The Frog. 

For the past couple of years Tiana has probably been the Disney character I can relate to the most. She knows that she needs to work hard to get what she wants out of life, without realising that perhaps she's neglecting other parts. I can definitely relate to that. Who doesn't love a hard working princess that can hold her own and work hard to get everything she wants out of life. 


6. Tangled.

Around a year and a half ago I had very long blonde hair and my mum like to tell me I looked like Rapunzel because I also have green eyes.
My favourite quote from this movie is, "You were my new dream". That tore at my heart strings the last 10 minutes had me in tears, I consider myself to be a bit of a dreamer too. So again, similar to Tiana (even thought I haven't been staring out of a window for 18 years) I feel I can relate to Rapunzel maybe not on the level I can with Tiana, but still.
Plus Pascal is seriously cute!


7. Meet The Robinson's.

A lot of people I know don't really like this film, however I love it. I thinks it's fun and cute. Plus it uses Walt Disney's famous Keep Moving Forward quote which also happens to be one of my favourites! 


8. Up.

One of the cutest Disney Pixar films of all Time!!!! If the opening doesn't have you in floods of tears, you don't have a heart. It's so simple yet so heartbreaking the way it's done, something I think Pixar should be applauded for. 


9. Toy Story

It's such a simple idea yet so effective. I mean what little child doesn't think that their toys come to life when they aren't watching. I certainly did how no one came up with this idea for a film I'll never know. And lets not forget the two films that follow, you feel as though you've grown up with Andy, and I don't know about you but that bit in the third film when it seemed like they all might die, I was most definitely crying!


10.Cinderella.

An honourable mention for Cinderella. As a child Cinderella was my favourite Disney film. I had the dress up costume which my mum tells me she had to routinely wrestle me out of because I never wanted to take it off. Therefore I couldn't not include it on the list in some capacity could I!

I now realise that deciding to do only 10 films was virtually impossible there are so many more that I love like Mulan, Hercules, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Lady and The Tramp. But I kept to my word and stuck to 10.


That's all for today I hope you enjoyed this post and I shall see you all on Monday!

Don't forget to comment below and tell me what your favourite Disney films are, would you include any that I missed? Let me know, I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you are a bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified of when I post just click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D