Wednesday 23 October 2013

Series I Want To Start/ Finish!

Hello everyone for today's blog I thought I would take it back to books again and have a quick look at the series I want to start and the series I want to finish.



I was thinking of looking at may be two or three for each category, so let's just hop right in!


Series I want to start!

1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin!



"Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital bed with no memory of hoe she got there.
It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong."


Okay you all know by now I'm a sucker for romance. However that is not the reason I want to read this book (though it does help) I've heard a lot of good things about it, when I first saw it on Amazon I skipped right over it because it has a paranormal element, something I've been trying to steer clear for a while now, however, I feel like everyone and their dog has read this book so it's about time I joined the crowed. The only thing that concerns me is that one reviewer on good reads said it was very similar to Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (A series which featured in my Books I Did Not Finish feature) so who knows whether I'll like this or not, one things for sure I'll keep you posted!


2. Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles!

"After getting kicked out of boarding school bad boy Derek Fitzpatrick has no choice but to live with his ditzy stepmother while his military dad is deployed. Things quickly go from bad to worse when he finds out she plans to move them back to her childhood home in Illinois. Derek's counting the days before he can be on his own, and the last thing he needs is to get involved with someone else's family drama.

Ashtyn Parker knows one thing for certain - people you care about leave without a backward glance. A football scholarship would finally give her the chance to leave. So she pours everything into winning a state championship until her boyfriend and star quarterback betrays them all by joining their rival team. Ashtyn needs a new game plan, but it requires Derek - someone she barely knows, someone born to break rules. Is she willing to put her heart on the line to try and win it all?"

Well the only reason I want to read this is because I'm a huge fan of Simone Elkeles. Perfect Chemistry is one of my favourite teen romance books. So I'm hoping for more of the same here, plus who doesn't love some sports thrown in too. The only thing I've reserved about is that most people seemed to have finished the book feeling very sad. Having not read it I'm not sure what that means, but I'm curios to see if this will follow Elkeles' Paradise series were the books focus on the same character rather than shifting throughout each book in the series like the Perfect Chemistry series did. Either way I can't wait to find out!

Both of these are out now by the way if anyone is interested!

Now on to the series I want to Finish.

1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth!

"The faction based society that Tris Prior once believe in is shattered - fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris' new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. An once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature - and of herself - while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice and love."

I've got to be honest here. I've been waiting for ages to get my hands on this book and finish this series, but after all the rumoured spoilers I've heard I'm not so sure I want to read it any more. Of course I will, but I know it's going hurt to do it. Never has the prospect of finishing a series terrified me so much.


2. Gabriel's Redemption by Sylvain Reynard!

"Professor Gabriel Emerson has left his position at the University of Toronto to embark on a new life with his beloved Julianne. Together, he is confident that they can face any challenge. And he's eager to become a father.

But Julianne's graduate program threatens Gabriel's plans, as the pressures of being a student become all consuming. When she is given the honour of presenting an academic lecture at Oxford, Gabriel is forced to confront her about the subject of her presentation - research that conflicts with his own. And in Oxford, several individuals from their past appear, including an old nemesis intent on humiliating Julia and exposing  one of Gabriel's darkest secrets.

In an effort to confront his remaining demons, Gabriel begins a quest to discover more about his biological parents, beginning a chain of events that has startling repercussion for himself, Julianne, and his hope of having a family."

Already being a fan of this series I intrigued by this book. Now what you have to understand is that the author never planned to right a third book in this series it was only due to reader demand that this is happening. Well that worries me a little bit if I'm honest, I personally felt that Gabriel and Julia were wrapped up in a neat little bow at the end of the second book, And I don't think it's necessary to go back and ruin it all for the sake of another book, like I said, I'm intrigued, I've read the others and enjoyed them so I'll give this one a chance. Even though it isn't out for a while yet!


That's all for today I hope you enjoyed this post and I shall see you all on Friday!

Don't forget to comment below and tell me what you think of each of these books/ series! Do you have any books you think I should read? Let me know, I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you are a bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified of when I post just click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D