Monday 7 October 2013

Top 5 Books To Movies Tag!

Hello everyone,

I am forever banging on about my all time favourites books, and my all time least favourite books. But I've never talked about this topic. Which books do I want to see become a film. Honestly I don't know why I haven't done this tag before.


Maybe it's because sometimes I worry that doing Tag posts are a little unimaginative and a bit lazy, but we're here we're doing this, I mean why wouldn't you want to know which books I would love to see on the big screen! 

I can can guarantee you that not all of my top five favourite books will be on this list because some of them just wouldn't translate well on to the big screen or so I feel. 
Speaking of things translating well on to the big screen, can we just talk for a second about how insanely excited I am to hear that there is a film version of Wicked! in the works, now that is something I would definitely line up to see!!

Okay Shall we hop right in?

Book Number 1:

A Million Suns by Beth Revis


(yes I did pick the American cover. What of it? It's nicer than the UK edition is)

Now I know what you're thinking this is a sequel, they'd have to make the first book into a film too, yeah well it's my blog and I'll do what I like I want to see the sequel on the big screen more than the first book!
Why?
Well because of one scene and one scene only. 
When Elder goes outside God Speed in the suit thing and he see's that they have actually arrived at Centauri Earth, and he sees the two suns, I was just reading that bit thinking oh my gosh I would love to see what that looks like I mean come just picture it in your head, you think you're hundreds of years from you're new destination but when you leave your ship there it is a new planet with two suns right in front of you, wouldn't it just be breath taking? Or is that just the geek in me creeping out to say hi?


Book Number 2:

Divergent by Veronica Roth
















Don't shout at me! I know it's cheating because the film has been made, but's it not out yet so that's okay in my book! I still can't wait to see how the Divergent world translates on screen despite the 'teaser trailer' which wasn't really a trailer because it didn't follow a plot it was just a bunch of clips spliced together in a random order with no rhyme or reason. 
The scenes I want to see? The Kidnapping, The Fear Landscapes, The Ferris Wheel. How about I just say I want to see it all and we move along because we could be here all day if I don't stop!


Book Number 3:

172 Hours On The Moon by Johan Harstad


















This book is just pure shivers down spine creepy-ville. Well it is if you're a total wimp like me. I'm fine with horror movies, as long as they aren't paranormal or mess with your head, in other words I like gory movies instead of horror. 
So it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that I would want to see this book on the big screen, well to be honest I just think the story is very cool, and that little bit of creep factor would only add to it especially in cinema if they got the score right.

(note too self must watch with the lights on!)


Book Number 4:

Mokingjay by Suzanne Collins


















Again this is sort of cheating but I can't help it.
There is only one reason I want to see this book made into a film so the reason for this book is actually very short.
They are making two films out of Mockingjay please for the love of god make that ending longer! It's so abrupt and rushed all of a sudden the fightings over Katniss and Peeta are safe and happy with their children still having nightmares about the games, but it's such a short ending we only know what the other characters are doing because it's mentioned in passing I just need more. Does that make sense?

And Finally, 

Book Number 5:

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater 


















An odd choice you may think. I wouldn't blame you. This is one book I have enjoyed that I haven't really gone on and on about until you're sick to death of hearing about it!
This is one of those books that creeps on you it's quiet and sweet, but it also makes your heart race, and if you're a soppy get like me may have you shedding a tear or two at the end. 
Me there has always been one seen that's stuck in my mind, the candy shop (don't know what else to call it) in Duluth. 
The way they describe just makes me want to climb into the pages and experience it with them, please take me with you!!


That's all for today I hope you enjoyed this post and I shall see you all on Wednesday!

Don't forget to comment below have you read any of these books? Did you love them, did you hate them, do you want to see them on the big screen like I do? Or What books do you want to see made into movies that I didn't mention?? I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you're a Bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified on when there is a new post. All you have to do is click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D