Friday 27 September 2013

Fall/ Autumn Nail Art!

Hi guys,

Actually on time for the season this time, unlike my summer nail art tutorial. This is just one of ta few ideas I have in my head for Fall/ Autumn Nail Art so if this post is well received as I hope it will be, expect to see another coming up!

Since leaves falling off the trees is the most noticeable aspect of this time of year, I thought why not go for the obvious this time around. Plus it looks cute too!

So if you want to spend the autumn months rocking a cute nail art design carry on reading!




For this Nail art tutorial you will need, base coat, nail polish colours - brown green red orange and white, black nail art striper, top coat, dotting tools, scrap piece of paper and a toothpick.

I used:
Rimmel's Nail Nurse
Nails Inc in Belgravia Gardens - brown
Nails Inc in Portland Place - green
Nails Inc in Hampton Court Palace Gardens - orange
N07 Stay Perfect in Salsa - red
Maybelline Colour Show in Winter Baby
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
N07 Nail Art Striper in Black/ Silver

Method:
1. As always start with clean nails, make sure to use some nail polish remover over your nails if you haven't only just removed your nail polish

2. Next apply your base coat and allow to dry.

3. Once your base coat has dried apply your brown nail polish until opaque mine took 2 coats. 












4. Once your base colour has dried take your green, orange and red shades and pour small amounts onto the scrap piece of paper, using a small dotting tool create leave shapes across your nails. I stuck to simple oval shapes to make it easier.

 
5. Once the colours have dried using your white nail polish and a toothpick (I used a silver nail art striper because I couldn't find a toothpick) draw on the stem design into the leaves.
6. Optional on your ring finger you can use the black nail art striper to draw on a bare tree (see picture below), however this only looks good on longer nails because you have more room to work with as such my attempt didn't look so great because I just cut my nails but that doesn't mean you can't try it even if you have shorter nails maybe you'll fair better than I did!

7. Once everything has been left to dry for a couple of minutes apply your top coat to seal in your design and your done!











That's all for today I hope you enjoyed this post and I shall see you all on Monday!

Don't forget to comment below and tell me your opinion on this design, let me know what you think! I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you're a Bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified on when there is a new post. All you have to do is click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X

2 comments:

  1. Aww those leaves are so pretty! I really love them. You gotta make your pictures a smidge bigger though so they are easier to see :)

    Can't wait to see more of your fall nail art looks! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm glad you liked it and thank you for the suggestion on making the pictures bigger, I will do that next time :)

      xx

      Delete

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D