Monday 30 September 2013

Safe With Me by Kristen Proby : A Review!

I would say that this is more of a general review. I decided to write it after I finished reading the most recent book last night. Basically the series I am basing this review on is the With Me In Seattle Series by Kristen Proby, which has a total of 5 books so far and 1 novella.

Safe With Me
by
Kristen Proby



The With Me In Seattle series is basically based around a group of interconnected friends/ family, and how each friend/ family member finds their true love.
Did I mention I'm a fan of cheesy romance books and Happily Ever After endings? Yeah well this is pretty much what you get from this series.

Safe With Me:

"Keeping others safe is what Caleb Montgomery does. He's never had a problem taking on an assignment, whether it was during his dangerous SEAL days or his most recent job of training war mercenaries. But being assigned to keep Brynna Vincent and her adorable daughters, Maddie and Josie, safe from an unknown threat has thrown Caleb off his axis. Hot for the tall brunette since she came back to town more than a year ago, being close to her day in and day out is cracking Caleb's resolve to keep his hands off her gorgeous body and his head in the mission.

Brynna is sick and tired of being afraid. All she wants is a normal, quiet life for and her precious girls. Just as she's settling into her new home in Seattle and feeling safe again, Caleb shows up on her doorstep insisting danger is as high as ever. But whether she needs to be sheltered from the threat in her past, or from the intense emotions she feels for the sexy, protective man sleeping in her home, remains to be seen. What will happen if Brynna and her girls fall in love with a man so broken he may not be able to protect them from the danger that threatens, much less himself?"


Obviously I liked the sound of the book enough to want to read it and yes my liking the other 4 books in this series will have helped also, what I wasn't prepared for was my indifference towards this story. Where I found myself caring about what happened to all the other characters I just couldn't seem to get a grasp on Brynna or Caleb for that matter. 

Yeah it's a short cute, formulaic read that's easy to pick up and put down and not lose where you were in the grand scheme of things. I know I didn't find the story boring because it wasn't, I mean who doesn't love a story about danger and falling in love. I mean Brynna left for Seattle because she had seen something she shouldn't have putting her and her daughters in danger, so in walks night in shining armour Caleb right?
Wrong.
He's always on at her about be careful and safe, he doesn't want her getting hurt he cares about her and her daughters, yet the second something bad does actually happen he's out the freaking door. Yeah I get it he has his issues to but really Brynna needed him just as much as he needed her. It just really annoyed me and I didn't care for the story.

You know the Katy Perry Song Hot N Cold? Yeah I swear Caleb's character was written whilst that song was on repeat, I find myself practically screaming make up your damn mind, one minute he can't kiss he the next he is, then he can't again and it goes on and on and on. And it's tedious and boring. He's portrayed as being an Alpha Male but I'm pretty sure they are supposed to just take what they want no questions asked, this guy can't make up his damned mind if he wants her or not!

Despite the whole promising premise, the threat was never really resolved to me, it felt a little underdeveloped, and by now the story just seems to be getting repetitive. Boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, boy or girl screws up, they split up for and undetermined amount of time, boy or girl grovels/ makes amends followed by happily ever with marriage and a baby. Yeah I loved it to begin with but now I want something different. I don't care if that means a zero angst straight forward love story were neither of them does anything wrong just change it up a bit!

The only part I kind of like was when the 'whole gang' got together and got drunk and had a night of pretending they were young again with no responsibilities, I liked that I liked seeing them all together. I also like that we get to see beyond the other characters happily ever afters too as each one pops up regularly. 

However this book in particular was just okay, nothing more nothing less. I probably enjoyed it the least out of them, it's a solid 3 stars edging towards 3.5 for me but I can't give it any more than that.

With that in mind my favourite book in this series is . . . 

Fight With Me
by 
Kristen Proby


This is an angst filled forbidden romance, and everything I love and more. Who doesn't love a good bit of forbidden romance?
This is Nate and Jules story. Nate is Jules boss, at a company with a non fraternisation policy. After one night together Jules slips away in the night and practically avoids him for the better part of a year. By which point he decides enough is enough and he's going after what he wants (Take note Caleb this is how an Alpha Male is supposed to act!) Obviously worst comes to worse and their secret relationship becomes public knowledge and Jules loses her job. But don't worry, we do get a happily ever after too. It's just a lot better than Safe With Me. If you want to get into this series start here. (I'm biased it's my favourite)

In terms of the other books I like them they are good fluffy romance novels perfect to pass the time but other than that I don't have a lot to say in term of preference I would order them, 
1. Fight With Me
2. Play With Me
3&4 (Joint I couldn't decide which was better) Come Away With Me and Rock With Me
5. Safe With Me.


That's all for today I hope you enjoyed this post and I shall see you all on Wednesday!

Don't forget to comment below and tell me did you read this book? Did you love it or did you hate it? I would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss a single post!

Or if you're a Bloglovin user you can now follow my blog on there too, where you will be instantly notified on when there is a new post. All you have to do is click on that button at the top of the page on the left hand side! I promise you won't regret it!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, do you have anything to add, share your views here :D